Long Island - 511NY Rideshare
Members may use the Guaranteed Ride Program (GRP) in the event of an unexpected situation.
Members will have a total of $300 per calendar year that can be used towards qualified rides through the GRP. Members are limited to three (3) GRP rides per calendar month and six (6) GRP rides per calendar year regardless of ride provider.
The following are examples of valid reasons to utilize the program:
The GRP may be used for:
- Medical emergency
- Family emergency
- Unscheduled overtime
- Carpool/Vanpool vehicle or bike breaks down
- Transit Disruptions
The GRP may NOT be used for:
- Personal errands or travel
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Trips to work
- Weather emergencies
Approved GRP members can request a ride through Uber, or Lyft; the choice is yours. Note that requesting a ride varies by partner; please see the instructions for your preferred rideshare partner below.
When you are approved for GRP, you will receive a welcome email from Uber with instructions to add the 511NY Rideshare profile to your Uber account. You must complete the steps in the email before you are able to request a GRP ride through Uber.
To order a GRP ride, please follow the steps below:
- Enter destination
- Tap on the profile switcher
- Switch to the "511NY Rideshare" profile
When requesting a ride, members will be prompted to enter the reason for their ride, which must be completed to qualify.
511NY Rideshare is not responsible for rideshare fees, such as rider cancellations, vehicle damage, no-shows, or lost and found item returns. If you believe you have received a fee in error or need to check on the status of your ride, please contact customer service for the rideshare provider.
- Call (866) 692-6668, Monday through Friday between 6 am and before 7 pm. Our Member Support team will determine the eligibility of the ride based on the quoted trip cost, reason for the ride, and trip location.
- Once approved, Member Support will arrange a ride with Lyft or Uber over the phone and provide individuals with the make and model of the vehicle, license plate number, and driver name.
- Please be sure to note all the details before accepting the ride from the Lyft or Uber driver.
Members are responsible for any amount more than the allotment.