511NY Rideshare members commuting to or within the Hudson Valley can use up to $400 per year* toward qualified rides. Members may use the Guaranteed Ride Program (GRP) in the event of an emergency or a qualified unexpected situation (please see qualifying reasons to take a ride).
The following are examples of valid reasons to utilize the program:
- Driver of a carpool or vanpool had to leave work early for a family or personal emergency
- When a regularly scheduled connecting service is not available (for monthly UniTicket Holders only)
- Unexpected personal, family, or medical emergency
- Missed last scheduled public transit run
- Unscheduled Overtime
The GRP may NOT be used for:
- Weather Emergencies
- Personal errands or travel
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Trips to work
*Active UniTicket monthly bus/rail or ferry/rail combination ticket holders with qualifying connecting services trips are eligible for up to $600 per year toward qualified rides. Please see '''I am a valid monthly UniTicket Holder'' below.