Long Island - 511NY Rideshare
Members commuting to or within Long Island can use up to $300 per year toward qualified rides. Members may use the GRP in the event of an emergency or an unexpected situation.
If a GRP member needs to leave work when an unexpected situation arises, they may use the GRP to get from their work location to their destination.
The GRP may be used for:
- Family emergency
- Unscheduled overtime
- Carpool/vanpool vehicle or bike breaks down
- Public transportation service disruption
- Carpool/vanpool driver unavailable
The GRP may NOT be used for:
- Personal errands or travel
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Trips to work
You can use local cabs, Uber, and/or Lyft.
- Contact one of the following cab providers
- Nassau County
- L&W Yellow LLC: 516-326-9090
- Suffolk County
- Lindy's Taxi: 631-265-2500
- Nassau County
- Print out a paper voucher from the welcome kit you received by email, or request one from info@511NYRideshare.org.
- Complete the voucher and provide it to the cab driver at the beginning of the ride. The voucher must be filled out entirely and no fields can be left empty.
When you are approved for GRP, you will receive a welcome email from Uber with instructions to add the 511NY Rideshare profile to your Uber account. You must complete the steps in the email before you are able to request a GRP ride through Uber.
To order a GRP ride, please follow the steps below:
- Enter destination
- Tap on the profile switcher
- Switch to the "511NY Rideshare" profile
When requesting a ride, members will be prompted to enter the reason for their ride, which must be completed to qualify.
- Call 718-886-1343, Monday through Friday after 6am or before 7pm. Our Member Support team will determine the eligibility of the ride based on the quoted trip cost, reason for the ride and trip location.
- Once approved, Member Support will arrange the ride over the phone and provide individuals with the make and model of the vehicle, license plate number and driver name.
- Please be sure to note all the details before accepting the ride from the Lyft driver.