Clean Air Advocate - Capital Moves
Advocate for Clean Air NY
Stories from CANY Advocates
Clean Air NY Advocate, Brian B. on biking:
I ride my bike because it's the best transportation option for my mental and physical well-being. The cost savings and low environmental footprint are nice bonuses too.
Clean Air NY Advocate, Stuart M. on walking to the bus:
I've been taking the bus to and from work after many years of driving. In addition to helping to preserve the environment, I've also managed to lose 8 pounds by getting regular exercise walking over a mile each way to and from the bus stop!
I carpool with my husband. We get to spend time together and save money and time. Keeping our CO2 emissions low is the icing on the cake
Clean Air NY Advocate, Ellen W. on taking the train:
"Commuting on the Long Island Rail Road helps the environment and is faster and more peaceful than driving. I have a comfortable seat every day - it's where I finished writing my doctoral dissertation!"
To become a Clean Air NY Advocate, submit a photo and a story about you participating in a "Clean Air Action." You'll also receive air quality updates.
Submit Your Story
Story Submission Criteria
- A photo that depicts something you did to improve air quality. For example:
- a selfie of you on a bike or carpooling with your friends or co-workers
- a picture of your view out the train window
- a picture of your walk to work
- a selfie of you walking further instead of idling
- a picture you are filling up your gas tank after dark
Tell us about your Clean Air NY action, or why improving air quality is important to you. For example:
- “Having good air quality means a better future for all of us.”
- “This is a photo of me taking the train to work instead of driving. I try to commute sustainably at least once a week
- “I learned to refill my gas tank after work from Clean Air NY, and have made it a habit.”
- “Air quality is important to me because I have a young child. Here is a picture of her on the train. I always try to teach her that her actions matter.”