Clean Air NY - University at Buffalo
Clean Air NY Helps Improve Air Quality
Do Your Part: Your Choices Make A Difference!
- Avoid unnecessary driving by taking transit, carpooling, biking or walking to work, and combining trips.
- Refuel after dark to prevent releasing pollutants into the air that react with sunlight.
- Don’t top off your tank. Doing so could damage your vehicle’s evaporative system or cause a hazardous leak.
- Raise your air conditioning temperature to reduce your energy use.
- Use environmentally safe products to avoid unhealthy vapors.
- Maintain your vehicle to save gas.
- Become a Clean Air NY Advocate
Subscribe for Air Quality Action Day Updates
When the New York State Departments of Transportation and Environmental Conservation predict that air quality will be unhealthy, Clean Air NY issues an Air Quality Action Day Update. We’ll email you information on how to minimize air pollution affects and protect your health.
Complete the sign-up form to be among the first to know when an Air Quality Action Day is forecast.