511NY Rideshare is a FREE service. If someone tries to charge you for any 511NY Rideshare services, email us at email@example.com or call us at 866 NY COMMUTE (866-692-6668).
- I agree to receive phone calls and/or e-mail messages from other 511NY Rideshare Matching System users.
- I agree to receive periodic phone calls or e-mail messages from the 511NY Rideshare Matching System administrators requesting that I review and update my information, and I understand that such review will be required for continued participation in the service. I also understand that the 511NY Rideshare Matching System administrators may call or e-mail me to provide follow-up assistance in the transit trip planner provided, forming my carpool/vanpool or provide further assistance in finding a bicycling partner.
- I understand that the 511NY Rideshare Matching System only provides information that will enable me to form or join a carpool, vanpool, use transit or find a bicycling partner.
- I understand that the 511NY Rideshare Matching System provides referral services; it does not certify the character of ridesharing or bicycling participants. I understand that participants use the 511NY Rideshare Matching System at their own risk and that it is my responsibility to screen referrals to my personal satisfaction.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in this program, I hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless New York State Department of Transportation, the 511NY Rideshare Matching System administrators, and my employer from and against any and all claims, demands, judgments or liability for damage to persons or property of any kind or nature arising directly or indirectly out of my use of the 511NY Rideshare Matching System or participation in 511NY Rideshare.
- I understand that the 511 NY Rideshare Matching System, to the extent permitted by law, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, reserves the right to refuse services to anyone. 511NY Rideshare reserves the right to investigate and take action, including the removal of a user's record, in response to allegation of misconduct or illegal activity.
511NY Rideshare's mission is to make it easier and more efficient for individuals and businesses to access timely information about transportation in New York State. NYSDOT recognizes that it is critical for individuals and businesses to be confident that their privacy is protected when they use 511NY Rideshare.
- I understand that my personal information will remain confidential and will only be used to provide me with tools, information about products, services and special campaigns that encourage the use of alternatives to driving alone. I understand that 511NY Rideshare may share my personal information with other ridematch systems for the express purpose of maximizing the number of matches I will receive, and that information about me or my commute may be released to a third party for research purposes, and that 511NY Rideshare will not permit any organization with whom it shares my information to sell or re-distribute my information. The names of the organizations with access to my personal information are available upon request from 511NY Rideshare.