Hudson Valley GRP Region Banner
Hudson Valley GRP Region Hero
Hudson Valley GRP Description
Members commuting to Hudson Valley can use up to $300 per year toward qualified rides. Members may use the GRP in the event of an emergency or an unexpected situation.
Hudson Valley GRP Region Accordion
Members may use the GRP in the event of an emergency or an unexpected situation. The following are examples of valid reasons to utilize the program:
- Medical emergency
- Family emergency
- Unscheduled overtime
- Carpool vehicle or bike breaks down
The GRP may NOT be used for:
- Personal errands or travel
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Trips to work
Members commuting the Hudson Valley can use up to $300 per year toward qualified rides.
You can use Local Cabs, Uber and Lyft.
- Print and fill out a Hudson Valley GRP Voucher contained in the welcome kit you received by email when you were approved for GRP.
- Contact a designated service provider, identified in your welcome packet to schedule a pick up.
- Give the cab driver your completed Hudson Valley GRP Voucher at the time of pick up.
When you are approved for GRP, you will receive a welcome email from Uber with instructions to add the 511NY Rideshare profile to your Uber account. You must complete the steps in the email before you are able to request a GRP ride through Uber.
To order a GRP ride using Uber, please follow the steps below:
- Enter destination
- Tap on the profile switcher
- Switch to the "511NY Rideshare" profile
While requesting a ride, members will be prompted to answer questions regarding the reason for their ride, which must be completed to qualify.
- Call 718-886-1343, Monday through Friday after 6am or before 7pm. Our Member Support team will determine the eligibility of the ride based on the quoted trip cost, reason for the ride and trip location.
- Once approved, Member Support will arrange the ride over the phone and provide individuals with the make and model of the vehicle, license plate number and driver name.
- Please be sure to note all the details before accepting the ride from the Lyft driver.
Note: Service Providers (Uber, Lyft and local cab companies) can only pick you up at your 511NYRideshare registered work location.