Amtrak Penn Station Emergency Repairs
Alternative Transportation Options
alternative transportation options
MTA Long Island Rail Road weekday peak service will be modified from July 10 – September 1 due to Amtrak’s critical repairs at Penn Station. Additional trains on certain routes, special fare reductions, free bus and ferry service and free subway transfers at key locations during the morning rush hour are available to help impacted customers.
Alternate travel options are subject to change. For the most current details, visit http://www.lirrsummerschedule.com/
- Carpooling during this period will help to further reduce congestion.
- Drivers may still expect traffic during rush hour, so it is recommended to carpool to a Park & Ride lot closer to your destination, and take transit the rest of the way. Click here for a map of Park & Ride lots.
- Sign in or register to form a new carpool.
- The MTA is adding new rush hour trains and is lengthening some existing trains.
- Review the special LIRR Summer 2017 Service Schedule, in effect July 10 through September 1.
- LIRR ticketholders can transfer for free at Hunterspoint Ave, Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal during the morning rush. Click here for more information on subway connection options.
- A new bus service will be free to LIRR ticketholders from Long Island commuter parking lots to Manhattan. Buses will run Monday through Friday from 6-9 a.m., and 3-7 p.m. Click here for a list of start and end locations for the LIRR buses.
- Use the Park & Ride map above to locate the five bus service pick-up lots.