When you become a 511NY Rideshare member, you are not just gaining access to transportation resources - you are joining a community of people working together to make the world a better place - one small choice at a time.
Community Mobilization Hero
Opportunities for Member Engagement
Community Mobilization Project
Community Mobilization Project
Smart travel decisions benefit you, the environment, and our community. The mission of the Community Mobilization Project is to build and empower a community of New Yorkers who care about managing their impact, reducing traffic congestion, helping the environment, and improving the quality of life in their region.
The Community Mobilization Project will provide opportunities for local residents and businesses to come together and drive positive change in their communities. One way we will be rewarding and recognizing our change champions is through our Community Mobilization Badges which can be earned by completing simple tasks such as running a ride match, teleworking, or tracking a trip. (see details below)
Earn Community Mobilization Badges
Members can track their contribution by earning badges for taking small actions like tracking a trip, teleworking, or subscribing to Clean Air NY.
Below are some of the badges our community can earn. Login to see which badges you have already earned and for instructions to earn more.
Meet Julien and Naomi, two Northwell Health employees who have been commuting together in a carpool for over a year. They save two hours per day thanks to the HOV lane on Long Island and preferred parking for carpoolers. Naomi says “It’s a great way to save money and have a nice commute with great conversation.”
Take It From a Member
- Albany: "I work at the Crossgates Mall and recently started taking Flex - it's on demand so I'm never late. Complete game changer." - Maria M.
- "Instead of taking the subway from Astoria to Manhattan, I take the NYC ferry - it's the same price but so much more scenic!" - Elena P
- "I walk over the Pulaski Bridge instead of waiting for the B32 or the G train from Greenpoint. It actually saves me time because I catch the 7 train at a spot thats closer to the city (Vernon/Jackson Ave). Plus, I get a little workout :)" - Sumiti U
- "I take the NYC ferry from FiDi to the Brooklyn Navy Yard to get groceries at Wegmans which is only a 10-minute ferry ride vs a 27-minute subway ride." - Terence A.
- Long Island:
- "I recently took the LIRR from Great River to Babylon instead of driving. This saved me time and money because it's difficult to find parking on Main Street, especially on the weekends." - Samantha B
member benefits public
As a 511NY Rideshare member, you have access to discounts and member benefits -- just for making smart transportation choices! Login and click "Community" to find special offers and promo codes from our friends at Enterprise CarShare, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Endless Trail Bikeworx, Tushy, and more!
Don't forget that as a 511NY Rideshare member, you have access to other great free services like our Guaranteed Ride Program, which ensures a ride home for you in case of an emergency.
how our partners contribute
Community Mobilization Partners
Our Partners share our mission and work with us to develop, deliver and advocate for sustainable transportation solutions.
Some partners work with us directly to develop and deliver transportation solutions, while some support the mission by expanding our reach and sharing information about smart travel options to broader audiences. Others, whom we recognize as our Supporting Partners, donate goods and services that are used to engage and reward our members for taking positive action.
Visit our Services page to learn more about how we engage with our partners and bookmark this page to check back on the latest community news and partner spotlight. The full list of our Supporting Partners is available here.